This is where you will find recipes/videos/how-to’s on all things culinary, brought to you by the Chef’s at FBRP.
Citrus Fish Tacos and White Peach Shrimp Tacos!
What you will need:
2 White Peaches
2 Korean Pears
1 Mango or Papaya
2 Big oranges
1 package of cotilla cheese (about 8 oz)
About 2 pounds of fish (yellowfin or halibut, preferred)
About 1 pound of shrimp, de-veined, tail on.
1 Cup Olive Oil
1/8 cup red pepper flakes
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup Ginger Honey
Salt and Pepper to taste
Citrus Taco Marinade:
1. Cut up the papaya into smaller pieces, set aside. Cut oranges/limes/lemons in half.
2. Drop fruit squeeze juice from limes/lemons), 2 cloves garlic, and cup of olive oil into blender, chop/mix well.
3. Cover fish with marinade. (save some for later)
4. Let fish marinade for 1-3 hours.
1. Chop peaches/pears into small pieces, toss in blender.
2. Add 1/2 cup of olive oil, red pepper, honey, 2 cloves of garlic, and salt/pepper to blender. Turn it on. Blend that up.
3. Pour marinade over shrimp. (put the shrimp on the skewers before adding marinade)
4. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Cooking: (medium heat on grill)
1. Put fish on grill first, about 5-8 per side., keep it dark brown and crispy on the the top. The middle shouldn’t be wet, a pale white is what you are looking for.
2. After you flip fish, place shrimp on grill. (Will cook much faster)
3. Take fish off of grill, slice/cut/dice into smaller pieces.
4. Take shrimp off grill, take off skewer with fork.
5. Load tacos with fish, then throw a little Monterey-Jack cheese on top, followed by a drizzle of the marinade.
6. Throw the cotilla cheese on the shrimp tacos, maybe add a drizzle of honey if you are feeling adventurous!